Bennetts British Superbike Championship fans returned trackside to Donington Park for the first time since 2019 this morning to witness Danny Kent setting the pace in the opening session, firing the Buildbase Suzuki ahead of Jason O'Halloran by 0.107s.
O’Halloran had been at the top of the timesheets for the majority of the session, however in the final minute, Kent edged ahead of his Australian rival.
O’Halloran split the two Buildbase Suzukis as Gino Rea held third position moving ahead of Peter Hickman in the final minutes of the hour-long session.
Ryan Vickers was fifth fastest for the RAF Regular and Reserve Kawasaki team, with Glenn Irwin and Christian Iddon in sixth and seventh respectively.
Tommy Bridewell was eighth fastest with Tarran Mackenzie and Andrew Irwin completing the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park, Official Test, Session 1:
- Danny Kent (Buildbase Suzuki) 1m:06.334s
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +0.107s
- Gino Rea (Buildbase Suzuki) +0.132s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +0.277s
- Ryan Vickers (RAF Regular and Reserve Kawasaki) +0.481s
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) +0.627s
- Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.663s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.710s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.729s
- Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.751s