Glenn Irwin was awarded the second Bennetts British Superbike Championship race win at Oulton Park after his BeerMonster Ducati teammate Tommy Bridewell was penalised for unsafe conduct under the Safety Car, dropping him to sixth place.
Bridewell had been leading the race from the start ahead of Irwin and Kyle Ryde, but on the second lap, Irwin made a move into Lodge to head the pack.
His BeerMonster Ducati teammate was waiting to strike and he recaptured the advantage when Irwin made a small error on the exit of Knickerbrook and went wide. Bridewell then held the advantage until lap 14 when Storm Stacey crashed out and the BMW Safety Car was deployed.
On the restart, Bridewell concertinaed the pack, forcing several riders to take evasive action to avoid crashing and he was issued a long lap penalty for unsafe conduct under the Safety Car.
Bridewell crossed the line just ahead of Irwin, but his time penalty dropped him to sixth place in the final result as BeerMonster Ducati claimed a second victory of the weekend with Irwin.
The penalty promoted Jackson into second place as he claimed his second podium finish of the weekend just ahead of Ryde on the LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha.
Haslam had been in the leading pack earlier in the race, holding fourth place in the final result ahead of Josh Brookes and Bridewell following his penalty.
Christian Iddon was seventh for the Oxford Products Racing Ducati team ahead of Jason O'Halloran and Ryan Vickers with Peter Hickman completing the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, Race 2 result:
- Glenn Irwin (BeerMonster Ducati)
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) +1.823s
- Kyle Ryde (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) +2.056s
- Leon Haslam (ROKiT BMW Motorrad) +2.518s
- Josh Brookes (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +2.584s
- Tommy Bridewell (BeerMonster Ducati) +2.954s
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Ducati) +3.788s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +4.104s
- Ryan Vickers (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) +5.020s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) +6.858s
For the full race result please click here
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings:
- Glenn Irwin (BeerMonster Ducati) 338.5
- Tommy Bridewell (BeerMonster Ducati) 335
- Kyle Ryde (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) 286
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 268.5
- Leon Haslam (ROKiT BMW Motorrad) 265
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) 260.5
- Josh Brookes (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad) 234
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Ducati) 210
- Ryan Vickers (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) 197
- Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda by Hawk Racing) 118.5
For the full standings please click here