OMG Racing Yamaha’s Kyle Ryde continued to lead the Bennetts British Superbike Championship Official Test times at Circuito de Navarra this morning on the second day of testing, upping his pace by 0.413s to remain ahead of Leon Haslam and the new PBM Ducati teammates.
Ryde has so far set the benchmark after the opening day and a half on track for the title-winning team, with 2018 Champion Haslam edging to within 0.435s onboard a BSB specification BMW. The ‘Pocket Rocket’ is yet to confirm his plans for the forthcoming season, but he continued to improve his pace on day two.
The closing moments of the morning session became a shuffle of the PBM Ducati teammates for third, with Glenn Irwin edging out Tommy Bridewell at the chequered flag by 0.440s.
Honda Racing UK’s Andrew Irwin continues to work through their testing programme, utilising two different specification Fireblades with Tom Neave currently sidelined through injury. He set the fifth fastest time, ahead of new Honda rival Danny Kent on the Lovell Kent Racing Honda.
Héctor Barberá continued the run of Honda riders for the TAG Racing team in seventh place, just ahead of birthday boy Charlie Nesbitt on the MasterMac by Hawk Racing Honda. Oxford Products Racing Ducati’s Christian Iddon and Mar-Train Yamaha’s Jack Kennedy completed the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Official Test, Navarra, Sunday AM:
- Kyle Ryde (OMG Racing Yamaha) 1m:38.420s
- Leon Haslam (BMW) +0.435s
- Glenn Irwin (PBM Ducati) +0.530s
- Tommy Bridewell (PBM Ducati) +0.970s
- Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing UK) +1.113s
- Danny Kent (Lovell Kent Racing Honda) +1.249s
- Héctor Barberá (TAG Racing Honda) +1.311s
- Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac by Hawk Racing Honda) +1.698s
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +1.702s
- Jack Kennedy (Mar-Train Yamaha) +1.708s
For the full session result please click here