Jason O’Halloran saved his best until last to claim pole position in SUPERPICKS Qualifying ahead of the opening Bennetts British Superbike Championship eBay Sprint race, edging out McAMS Yamaha teammate Tarran Mackenzie with a last lap flier on the on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit.
O’Halloran went for one final attack at the pole position and as he took the chequered flag he was 0.212s ahead of his teammate Tarran Mackenzie, who secured his first front row start of the season for McAMS Yamaha.
Championship leader Bradley Ray completes the front row on the Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha, holding off Tommy Bridewell who heads the second row on the Oxford Products Racing Ducati.
Kyle Ryde had another strong session to hold fifth place in SUPERPICKS Qualifying with Josh Brookes completing row two on the MCE Ducati.
Rory Skinner was seventh despite an incredible save at Paddock Hill Bend with Ryan Vickers in eighth place on the FHO Racing BMW with Attis Sports. Leon Haslam and Lee Jackson completed the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, SUPERPICKS Qualifying result:
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 1m24.433s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.212s
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +0.476s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.523s
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +0.557s
- Josh Brookes (MCE Ducati) +0.626s
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.748s
- Ryan Vickers (FHO Racing BMW with Attis Sports) +0.765s
- Leon Haslam (VisionTrack Kawasaki) +0.789s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.791s
For the full session result please click here