Jason O'Halloran celebrated a double Bennetts British Superbike Championship race win at Knockhill today, holding off standings leader Bradley Ray in the final race of the weekend by just 0.993s as the McAMS Yamaha rider banished his previous bad luck at the Scottish circuit.
At the start of the third race, local hero Rory Skinner was bidding to add a hat trick of podium finishes to his tally at his home round, and he launched into the lead on the Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki ahead of O’Halloran and Ray.
Skinner though crashed out of the lead on the fifth lap and that left Ray, who had moved into second, and O’Halloran to have a Yamaha duel for supremacy at the front of the field.
Ray was holding the advantage until there were just five laps to go when the McAMS Yamaha rider made his attack; diving down the inside at the Hairpin to take the lead.
O’Halloran was able to edge a 0.993s over Ray at the chequered flag, with the battle for third becoming a five-way scrap during the race before Lee Jackson fought off the opposition to claim his second podium finish of the weekend.
Danny Buchan had carved his way through the field on the SYNETIQ BMW to claim fourth place to secure his best result of the season so far after making a move on the dicing pack of Tommy Bridewell, Glenn Irwin and Josh Brookes.
Tarran Mackenzie closed in on Brookes over the final laps, taking eighth place for the McAMS Yamaha team with Kyle Ryde and Tom Sykes completing the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Knockhill, Race 3 result:
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha)
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +0.993s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +1.587s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +2.302s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +4.560s
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) +5.284s
- Josh Brookes (MCE Ducati) +6.082s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +6.373s
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +12.846s
- Tom Sykes (MCE Ducati) +14.502s
For the full result please click here
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings after Knockhill:
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 216
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 200
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) 174
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) 148
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 141
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) 134
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 94
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) 84
For the full standings please click here