James Alderson claimed the opening victory of the triple-header Pirelli National Junior Superstock Championship weekend at Donington Park, hitting the front of the pack on lap four to edge out an advantage over the chasing pack.
Alderson had started in 13th on the grid, but had carved his way up the order on the opening laps as race leader Eugene McManus made an early exit when he crashed out of the lead unhurt.
Max Cook had then taken control at the front of the pack for FS-3 Kawasaki, before Alderson hit the front with a move on the fourth lap. The R Alderson and Sons Racing Triumph rider then continued to break away from the chasing pack as the battle continued for the remaining podium places.
Cook was able to nudge Joe Talbot back into third, although in the closing stages championship leader Jack Nixon was able to make a move to take the final podium position. Zak Corderoy salvaged a strong fifth place despite his 20th place grid start after qualifying.
Pirelli National Junior Superstock Championship, Donington Park, Race 1 result:
1. James Alderson (R Alderson and Sons Racing Triumph)
2. Max Cook (FS-3 Kawasaki) +4.900s
3. Jack Nixon (Santander Salt Yamaha) +5.012s
4. Joe Talbot (JR Performance Racing Kawasaki) +5.184s
5. Zak Corderoy (Binch Racing Yamaha) +8.031s
Pirelli National Junior Superstock Championship standings after Donington Park, Race 1:
1. Jack Nixon (Santander Salt Yamaha) 66
2. Joe Talbot (JR Performance Racing Kawasaki) 42
3. George Stanley (Ready4Racing Vision Team) 39
4. James Alderson (R Alderson and Sons Racing Triumph) 35
5. Zak Corderoy (Binch Racing Yamaha) 31