Jason O'Halloran doubled up on victories in the second Bennetts British Superbike Championship race at Oulton Park, pulling off an exuberant last corner move on Christian Iddon at Lodge to secure the win.
O’Halloran had taken the lead on the opening lap after getting a flying start from the pole position, but Iddon instantly made a move to hit the front of the pack.
Peter Hickman meanwhile had snuck into second place by the end of the opening lap, pushing O’Halloran into third. As the pair crossed the line they were side-by-side on lap three but the McAMS Yamaha rider moved into second on the brakes at Lodge.
Hickman was fighting back instantly and made a move into Old Hall on the next lap as Iddon held the position at the front of the field.
On lap five contact between Tommy Bridewell and Tarran Mackenzie in the battle for fifth resulted in the Oxford Products Racing Ducati rider forced to retire with a broken chain. Mackenzie meanwhile was able to re-join and carve his way back through the order to salvage sixth place.
Iddon was holding the lead for the remainder of the race as O’Halloran tried on multiple occasions to try and make a move on his VisionTrack Ducati rival. It wasn’t until the final lap though when he went for a last ditch attempt to grab the lead into the final corner of Lodge for the last time.
O’Halloran managed to outbrake his rival and keep the McAMS Yamaha ahead on the drag up Deer Leap to take the chequered flag with Hickman celebrating the FHO Racing BMW team’s first podium finish in third place.
There was an intense battle for fourth place, which went the way of SYNETIQ BMW’s Danny Buchan, despite coming under immense pressure throughout the closing stages of the race.
Bradley Ray claimed fifth place for Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW after moving ahead on the penultimate lap as Mackenzie managed to move ahead of Josh Brookes, Lee Jackson and Glenn Irwin.
Kyle Ryde completed the top ten for Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW as the riders prepare for race three this afternoon.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, Race two result:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha)
2. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.103s
3. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +7.057s
4. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +11.059s
5. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +11.101s
6. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +11.752s
7. Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati) +11.816s
8. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +12.353s
9. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) +12.533s
10. Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +12.570s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings after Oulton Park Race 2:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 50
2. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) 40
3. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) 29
4. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 21
5. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) 17
6. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) 17
7. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 16
8. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) 16