Jason O'Halloran claimed his first pole position of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship season at Knockhill as the standings leader bids to turn his luck around at the Scottish circuit, holding off fierce Oulton Park rival Christian Iddon by 0.055s.
The top 18 riders in SUPERPICKS Q2 were covered by just 0.779s, but it was the McAMS Yamaha team who emerged at the top of the times in a top four that represented four different manufacturers.
O’Halloran and Iddon will be joined on the front row by SYNETIQ BMW’s Danny Buchan, who will start in the top three on the grid for the first time this season after topping the opening two practice sessions.
Peter Hickman will head row two ahead of Bradley Ray and Lee Jackson who completed the top six in SUPERPICKS in Q2.
Ryan Vickers will start seventh on the grid for the BikeSocial race this afternoon with Kyle Ryde and Gino Rea completing the top ten. Whilst defending champion Josh Brookes will start 13th on the grid.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Knockhill, SUPERPICKS Qualifying result:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 47.255s
2. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.055s
3. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.178s
4. Peter Hickman (FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.229s
5. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.267s
6. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.270s
7. Ryan Vickers (RAF Regular & Reserve Kawasaki) +0.280s
8. Rory Skinner (FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.296s
9. Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.333s
10. Gino Rea (Buildbase Suzuki) +0.361s
This weekend’s coverage of the Knockhill round is live on free-to-air channel Quest. Fans can stream the live coverage free-of-charge via discovery+ with live uninterrupted ad-free coverage also available via the Eurosport app