Jason O'Halloran maintained his position ahead of his Bennetts British Superbike Championship rivals at Oulton Park this afternoon, topping the warm up session for McAMS Yamaha ahead of Gino Rea as the buildup begins for race two.
At the start of the ten-minute session Kyle Ryde was one of the first riders to set a flying lap ahead of Christian Iddon and the Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW rider had managed to hold the leading position into the final three minutes.
However, a surge of faster laps from O’Halloran and Rea nudged him down the order in the closing moments into third place ahead of race one podium finisher Tommy Bridewell.
Peter Hickman starts the first of today’s two races from the front row, he ended warm up fifth fastest for FHO Racing BMW, nudging Iddon into sixth position.
Lee Jackson was seventh fastest for FS-3 Kawasaki with Bradley Ray, Josh Brookes and Tarran Mackenzie completing the top ten positions.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, warm up result:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 1m:34.675s
2. Gino Rea (Buildbase Suzuki) +0.672s
3. Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.705s
4. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.721s
5. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +0.733s
6. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.750s
7. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.805s
8. Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing BMW) +0.950s
9. Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati) +1.146s
10. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +1.170s