Jason O'Halloran topped the final Bennetts British Superbike Championship Free Practice session at Brands Hatch this morning, holding a narrow 0.293s advantage over a resurgent Josh Brookes in second place.
Overnight rain meant conditions were completely the opposite of yesterday on the Grand Prix circuit, although it had stopped before the session got underway. The positions continued to change throughout the final session ahead of SUPERPICKS Qualifying and Bike Social Race 1 this afternoon.
O’Halloran though staked his claim by setting the fastest lap in the closing moments to push championship leader Christian Iddon back into second, however the #1 plated VisionTrack Ducati moved into second as Brookes returned to the top five.
Andrew Irwin was the leading SYNETIQ BMW in fourth place as he moved ahead of Lee Jackson, who had been at the top of the times during the earlier stages of the session.
Danny Kent was sixth fastest making it five different manufacturers in the top six for Buildbase Suzuki ahead of Tarran Mackenzie on the second of the McAMS Yamahas with Tommy Bridewell holding eighth position.
Danny Buchan and Glenn Irwin completed the top ten ahead of BSB SUPERPICKS Qualifying this afternoon.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, Free Practice 3:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 1m:36.202s
2. Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.293s
3. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.474s
4. Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.940s
5. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.984s
6. Danny Kent (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.064s
7. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +1.288s
8. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +1.575s
9. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +1.608s
10. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) +1.668s