Jason O'Halloran delivered an imperious performance once again to secure the final victory of the opening Bennetts British Superbike Championship weekend at Oulton Park, again waiting for a last lap attack on Christian Iddon to win for McAMS Yamaha.
Iddon once again got a lightning start off the line to lead O’Halloran on the opening lap with Peter Hickman again tucked into third after his pole positon start.
Tarran Mackenzie had fired himself into fifth place ahead of Kyle Ryde, Ryan Vickers and Lee Jackson with defending champion Josh Brookes in eighth place.
O’Halloran was shadowing Iddon throughout the race and on more than one occasion looked to find a way ahead, but the VisionTrack Ducati rider was holding him at bay.
As the leading pair renewed their rivalry from the earlier race, the positions behind were constantly changing as Hickman came under fire from Mackenzie, who made a move on the tenth lap to put himself in podium contention.
Whilst the scrap for fourth continued, Tommy Bridewell was carving his way through from his 12th position start and he was soon piling the pressure on the riders ahead of him.
By lap 11, Bridewell was into fifth before he made a move on Hickman, who was beginning to suffer from arm pump, and then he was targeting Mackenzie.
Bridewell made his move on the McAMS Yamaha rider on lap 16 with a decisive move on the brakes as he bid to close the leading pair.
The victory would once again come down to a final lap decider as O’Halloran made a brave overtake on the run down Lakeside to lead into Shell Oils corner.
Iddon tried to retaliate but had to settle for second and consecutive run of podium finishes to lead the charge for VisionTrack Ducati.
Bridewell defended hard at Lodge on the final lap to hold off Mackenzie for third with Hickman completing the top five for FHO Racing BMW.
Brookes held sixth after a race-long battle with Jackson and Danny Buchan, as the trio got the better of Vickers. Honda Racing’s Glenn Irwin completed the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, Race 3 result:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha)
2. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) +0.569s
3. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.781s
4. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +1.025s
5. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +6.949s
6. Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati) +10.024s
7. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +10.182s
8. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +10.715s
9. Ryan Vickers (RAF Regular & Reserve Kawasaki) +13.054s
10. Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing) +18.366s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings after Oulton Park:
1. Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 75
2. Christian Iddon (VisionTrack Ducati) 60
3. Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) 40
4. Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 34
5. Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 32
6. Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) 25
7. Josh Brookes (VisionTrack Ducati) 25
8. Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) 25