Amanuel Brinton scuppered Sullivan Mounsey’s hope of an Oulton Park double after a late pass and drag race to the line.
The Kovara Projects/RS Racing rider took victory by just 0.006secs after passing Saturday’s winner at the final corner before out-dragging him to the line – the pair touching in their battle to the flag before taking first and second place.
Lucas Brown, who had also been part of the last lap scrum, managed to hold of polesitter and points leader Evan Belford, who had to settle for fourth, just ahead of Ronnie Harris.
R&G British Talent Cup, Race Two result:
1. Amanuel Brinton (Kovara Projects/RS Racing)
2. Sullivan Mounsey (Wilson Racing/Maddison Media) +0.006s
3. Lucas Brown (Amphibian Scaffolding/SP125 Racing) +0.138s
4. Evan Belford (City Lifting/RS Racing) +0.278s
5. Ronnie Harris (Kovara Projects/RS Racing) +0.607s
Championship positions after Round 16:
1. Evan Belford 274
2. Sullivan Mounsey 237
3. Amanuel Brinton 221
4. Harley McCabe 187
5. Lucas Brown 157